Metalogic Inspection Services is currently hiring for a detailed orientated Junior Accountant. The Junior Accountant should have strong problem-solving skills and a positive attitude to able to handle multiple priorities.
The role of the Junior Accountant is to handle financial interactions including accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll. Ensure all relevant financial information is properly documented, input, and kept up to date. The position reports to the Controller and is based at our Houston office at 7003 La Porte Freeway Frontage Rd Unit A | Deer Park | TX | 77536.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete project set-up based on a review of the client contract, ensuring all project attributes and variables have been properly input in accordance with the contract requirements into the Trakon database.
- Verify and enter all project LEMs on a weekly basis
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Process new hires, terminations and employee changes (including but not limited to status changes, job titles, salary changes, transfers, work location and supervisor); verify the information is complete, accurate and consistent with policies and has appropriate approvals. Determine correct codes and update all data related to the change
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to federal/state/local regulation.
- Coding and processing of Accounts Payable invoices for various vendors/expense claims.
- Prepares vendor cheques for mailing.
- Prepares client invoices, sending out statements, calling clients, and prepares customer deposits
- Assists with the review and analysis of weekly AR/AP reports ensuring the accuracy of cash-flow
- Maintain inventory listing
- Organize and file electronic documents
- One-year payroll and accounting experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting principles and computerized accounting systems
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics would be an asset
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word, and Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgement skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
We thank all candidates who applied and Metalogic looks forward to reviewing your application. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.