You will be a vital part of the Metalogic Software development team that strives to develop, refine, and deliver net-new features as well as improvements to existing functions. You will be a key contributor to overall growth and odoption of existing proprietary software, and be adaptable to changes and demonstrate ability in learning a variety of software technologies. You have a strong work ethic and a cut-no-corners attitude, with the ability to work collaboratively with a high level of communication.
Senior Software Developer responsibilities include…
- Develop polished modular code in a distinctive way to ensure large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and drive competitive advantage for Metalogic as a whole.
- Provide recommendations around architecture and platform decisions and make recommendations on critical decisions relating to code build.
- Perform appropriate development and testing activities and optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Participate in deploying application artifacts to appropriate target environments using the supported technologies and infrastructure.
- Contribute to the coding standardizations and automate processes for the organization.
- Experience with SDLC
- Develop across the technology stack, in different languages and environments.
The individual is passionate about software quality and improving and simplifying the overal software user-experience without losing sight of core functionality. The right candidate is motivated to change things for the better, and to achieve a high-level operational excellence in how we operate and monitor our systems at scale. The individual is collaborative in executing initiatives and provides clear/detailed communication that promote constructive conversations amongst the team.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILTIES
- Work directly with other Programmers, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Project Consultant to develop and manage our core products and systems.
- Program and test complex scenarios under pressure that involves multiple systems with multiple stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to security procedures and protocols.
- Recommend and implement industry best coding practices.
- Produce and maintain documentation for our system and subsystems.
- Provided work estimates and status updates to managers, architect and stakeholders.
- 5+ years' hands-on demonstrated experience in a development delivery role.
- 3+ years' hands-on design and development experience in:
- Full stack development experience and a flexibility to learn a wide array of technologies
- o Experience and comfort with languages such as Java, C, C#, Python and/or .Net
- o Capability to work closely/collaborate with other developers and development teams
- o Proven ability to learn quickly and work independently at times
- o SDK, IDE, or networking/network stack is a bonus
- o Microsoft Visual Studio (C#, VB.NET))
- o SPA development (Angular framework, React library)
- 3+ years' hands-on design and development experience using:
- .NET Core
- ASP.NET Web API
- REST APIs, SOAP Services, serviced components
- Excellent understanding of procedural programming and C syntax.
- Assisted in developing, documenting, communicating, and enforcing policy for standardizing systems and software development.
- Applied design guidance, technical direction, and assistance within the application development streams.
- Applied the use of reusable components across various applications within the organization.
- Must be able to work in Test Driven Development environment.
- Full stack development experience and a flexibility to learn a wide array of technologies.
- Experience and comfort with languages such as Java, C, C#, Python and/or .Net.
- Capability to work closely/collaborate with other developers and development teams.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work independently at times.
- Knowledge in IDEs or networking/network stack is a bonus.