Senior Financial Accountant: Reports to S.V.P. Finance
This position requires a self-motivated professional who thrives on minimal direction and possess a positive, roll up their sleeves work ethic. This individual should possess a strong desire for career advancement and additional responsibilities to align with and support Metalogic’s exponential growth.
As a Senior Financial Accountant, you will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment with Business Development, Operations, Finance and Software stakeholders to enhance financial transparency and simplify business processes. This position requires an aptitude for identifying gaps and redundancies in both paper and software processes, with the ability to effectively communicate, document, manage and drive solutions to completion.
- In concert with finance team, oversee all financial reports and is responsible for the integrity of Metalogic’s financial.
- Responsible for monthly closing and analysis of results
- Directs and coordinates the annual budgeting process and dynamic forecasting process.
- Analyzes operating issues and implement change to positively affect organization’s profitability.
- Perform product cost analysis in support of sales.
- Build and prepare quotes and respond to RFPs.
- Analysis of project margins and operating performance against budgets in addition to identifying potential margin opportunities and risks in a timely fashion
- Drive process improvement and implementation of best practices within the functional group, including taking initiative to identify gaps and areas of opportunity
- Assist in any Client, Internal, and External audits and other attests
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned not otherwise captured in this position description.
- Works directly with all business stakeholders to identify and lead processes and or software enhancements to reduce or eliminate administrative requirements and increase transparency.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, business administration or accounting
- Recently Designated or Currently enrolled to achieve a Professional Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Audit firm experience considered an asset
- 5-7 years of professional experience, preferably as a Controller or on track to become a controller
- Professional accounting experience including project costing, financial analysis and financial reporting
- Proven proficiency within a services contracting company
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to deal with change in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, both internal and external
- Able to multi-task, be adaptable and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel is required; as well as proficiency with computerized accounting software programs, preferably Microsoft GP