POSITION SCOPE / SUMMARY:
Reporting to the RT Supervisor, the RT Assistant is responsible for the on-site coordination, administration and maintenance of daily field operations, scheduling and resourcing.
Key Responsibility #1: Safety
- Ensure all safety procedures and processes are being followed with the goal of zero injury.
- Work safely and follow all rules and procedures.
- Understand and adhere to and promote the Metalogic safety culture/environment including behaviour-based safety.
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings as required.
- Complete all required safety orientation and/or training.
Key Responsibility #2: Project Duties
- Assist with the set up and help calibrate nondestructive testing equipment
- Help conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection
- Assist in establishing techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
- Assist in applying testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
- Interpret radiographs, cathode ray tube (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters and visual indicators
- Organize and report test results
- Perform specialized inspections
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Adaptable to changing schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Willingness to travel
(Minimum and Preferred (Education, Certification, Degree, Concentration, Skills, Knowledge, etc.)
- High School Diploma/GED/Degree
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Must be willing to travel
- State Card/ 40 Hour Radiation Course
- Basic Plus Certification is preferred
Applicants must be able to provide the following QA Documents:
- Proof of classroom hours/Training in NDT, if applicable
- TWIC (Front and Back)
- State Card / 40 Hour Radiation Course
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off