About the Role
Metalogic Inspection Services is seeking a creative and strategic IT professional who can maintain and grow Metalogic’s core IT stack. The successful candidate will be a creative, strategic, and someone who fearlessly attacks problems to find sustainable and meaningful solutions. The IT Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining Metalogic's core network utilities, DevOps and software life-cycle strategy, and the ultimate advancement of Metalogic's IT ecosystem.
This role is open to out-of-the-box thinkers who welcome the thrill of the pursuit of innovation. This role is not for order-takers; this role is for positive-distributors.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Experience with MS Azure, Active Directory, VOIP
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, phone systems, CCTV
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
What You’ll be Doing
The IT Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining the organization’s technology infrastructure, as well as implementing well researched technological strategic solutions.
- Work with IT leadership to implement corporate IT policies and strategic plans.
- Monitor the IT environment and ensure prompt resolution of problems and service outages.
- Recommend appropriate desktop, server and network hardware and software configurations that support established IT policies and business objectives.
- Maintain effective security patching of all desktops, servers and network devices.
- Continuously improve IT processes, using PowerShell and other tools to automate wherever possible.
- Oversee and monitor data backup procedures.
- Assist the Solutions Architect with IT Services with strategic and tactical planning to support business objectives.
- Be available outside of regular business hours as an escalation path for on-call members of the IT Team.
- Project work and other duties as assigned.
- Manage existing projects / deliverables including Infrastructure, Server, Workstation Support, Networks.
- Ensure functionality of IT services across the company by creating and maintaining operational applications, developing, securing and storing electronic data that belongs to the organization.
- Ensure all functional areas of the organization are assisted in the use of software and data management.
- Provide infrastructure for automation.
- Direct technological research and implement IT solutions which are aligned with organizational goals, strategies and user projects.
- Continuously improve IT service levels to meet evolving and growing business needs.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Accomplish objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.