TECHNICAL OPERATIONS COORDINATOR – EDMONTON ALBERTA
This position requires an ambitious self-motivated individual who thrives on minimal direction, possess a propensity for problem solving and a relentless drive for continuous improvement. This role focuses on continuously reinforcing a culture of teamwork and collaboration across multiple departments and geographical locations. The Technical Operations Coordinator supports the Canada Operations Manager and Operations Supervisors in maintaining daily field operations and scheduling. The coordinator also acts as the liaison between field personnel and operations management, and supports the HR, Quality and HSE departments.
REPORTS TO – Canadian Operations Manager
- Project forecasting and scheduling.
- Technical/Manpower support to employees and clients.
- Technical/Manpower failure mitigation as required.
- Client technical lead on limitations of equipment.
- Daily update reports on project performance.
- Complete bids/quotes under $5000 (Under direction from the Business Development department).
- Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) or alternate RSO.
- Manages LEM traffic (client, payroll, technician).
- Organizes project travel, site requirements, orientations, and training.
- Reporting software trainer.
- Update and maintain Field Service Requests in ERP.
- Verify and approves all payroll and expense submissions from field technicians.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the NDT Inspection industry.
- Minimum 2 technical certifications.
- Supervisor experience minimum 2 projects or one year in a senior technical/leadership role.
- RSO and Source Retrieval certificates.
- A solid understanding of;
- Advanced NDT services and applications.
- Large scale turnarounds and construction projects.
- QCCC and collective agreement.
- Preference for a project management degree or certification
- Strong work ethic and desire for advancement
- Committed to quality, safety and the environment
- Strong and professional written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Remuneration/options will be based on experience and credentials.