POSITION SCOPE / SUMMARY:
This position reports to the Director of Corporate Services and is responsible for providing Human Resources support to the Corporate Services department and the employees of Metalogic. The role interacts with all employees and must maintain consistent and open communication.
Key Responsibility #1: General HR Support
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment of roles for the organization including job posting, recruiting and collaboration with the hiring manager on the offer process.
- Understand the needs of each project and the technical skills required to meet the demands and client expectations of the project to source appropriate personnel.
- Manage and update the recruitment database / applicant tracking system.
- Provide support to the Director of Corporate Services on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for ensuring all personnel files are scanned, organized and contain the correct information on the system.
- Responsible for providing orientation to new hires for completion of paperwork, benefits, payroll and safety.
- Set up training dates and time for internal training and external training as required.
- Support the administrative process of grants.
- Utilize familiarity with employment legislation and collective agreements to support business operations.
- Direct HR questions to the appropriate individual as required including the Human Resources Manager, Director, Corporate Services or Finance department.
Key Responsibility #2: Other
- Provide backup support to the Payroll Analyst for the payroll system.
- Responsible for ensuring that all legislative and statutory requirements are followed and met when conducting payroll for Metalogic.
- Responsible for ensuring data in HR drive, including personnel file information, etc. is “clean”.
- Scan all personnel documents related to employees.
- Filing as required.
- Assist in HR projects as required.
- Remain current with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, best practices and industry standards.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is accurate and filed and forwarded appropriately.
(Minimum and Preferred (Education, Certification, Degree, Concentration, Skills, Knowledge, etc.))
- Business Administration, specializing in Human Resources Management certification from accredited school.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (minimum) certificate (asset).
- Minimum 1-2 years of human resources experience within a unionized environment.
- Background in oil and gas and NDT preferred.
- Knowledge of employment legislation, collective agreement management, recruitment techniques, policy development, techniques of training and development, and organizational design strategies.
- Exhibit strong personal values, integrity and hands-on work habits.
- Ability to 'think outside the box', has a proven track record of creative problem-solving.
- Highly energetic with a strong work ethic; exhibits contagious enthusiasm.
- Comfortable with managing multiple projects and multi-tasking.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key external stakeholders.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (tact, patience, and courtesy)
- Analytical thinking and research skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, requires time management and record keeping detail.
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.