HR Department Manager
This is a critical leadership role, focused on continuously reinforcing a culture of teamwork and collaboration across multiple departments an geographical locations across North America. It requires a self-motivated professional who thrives on minimal direction and possess a passion for problem solving and a relentless drive for continuous improvement to support Metalogic’s exponential growth.
Reports to SVP Finance
The position requires an individual with a strong work ethic, a passion for excellence and achieves a high level of satisfaction from creating growth for both Metalogic’s business and his or her career.
The HR Manager’s role is both strategic and hands-on tactical, providing expertise and a propensity for leveraging software to simplify the areas of recruiting, developing and retention of employees. The HR Department Manager works closely with executive and senior management to create a dynamic and productive workforce setting the foundation of a world-class employee experience.
- Partners with leaders at all levels to build a high-performance, people-focused culture that drives business results.
- Drives employee engagement initiatives, ensuring a focus on building a high performing culture, a diverse and inclusive environment, and a great place to work.
- Lead the development, implementation, and management of HR policies and initiatives with a focus on integrating them into a software program.
- Develops and manages the full cycle recruitment and onboarding process with focus on software automation.
- Coach HR, Operations and Administrative personnel to effectively apply HR policies and procedures.
- Develop and integrate meaningful performance management systems and tools.
- Advise and counsel company leaders on all aspects of human resources and labour relations including acting as a point of contact for interpretations of Collective Bargaining Agreements and Company Policies
- Keep current with relevant employment-related legislation, HR trends and union collective agreement to ensure relevancy and compliance
- Perform other related duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Labour or Industrial Relations or related discipline.
- Five years of experience in an HR generalist capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- Strong working knowledge of human resources policies and best practices
- Experience leveraging social media for recruitment and engagement.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Experience leveraging software to expedite and simplify HR processes.
- NDT and or Union labor relations/collective agreement experience.
- Ability to run reports, analyze data, and provide recommendations for improvement.
Metalogic is a full service, turnkey, Non Destructive Testing (NDT) and inspection company specializing in the research, development and execution of advanced innovative technologies and services. With offices throughout North America, as well as temporary projects around the world, Metalogic has achieved multiple industry firsts and numerous client awards for inspection innovation in the Oil and Gas, Power Generation and Pipeline Industries.