Metalogic is currently recruiting PCN PAUT technicians for a project in Kitimat, British Columbia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and completes all necessary paperwork required in compliance with client, industry, and company standards and policies.
- Replenishes and organizes the required supplies, as needed, to perform assigned NDT methods.
- Responsible for cleanliness of all work areas and vehicles. Observes test procedures and product compliance to learn internal and industry specifications; applying knowledge and skill learned based on Level II certifications.
- Observes and learns the procedures required to perform work and to gain certification in the required NDT methods.
- Observes and learns proper documentation and reporting processes required for NDT in accordance with relevant industry codes, standards, and procedures.
- Actively promotes and proactively models the company’s focus on safety when interacting with all current and future employees and clients.
- Strong commitment to quality inspection and reporting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of NDT techniques, services, and procedures.
- Fundamental understanding of industry codes, regulations, and practices.
- Ability to operate NDT equipment including setup and tear down.
- Ability to read technical documents and procedures and apply them in the field.
- Excellent report writing and review skills.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to a high-pressure and high production environment while managing competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, solve problems, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Focused on continuous improvement and committed to learning new practices and developing better ways of doing things.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and other software applications.
- High School Diploma or Canadian General Equivalency Diploma, (GED).
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- PCN Certification.
- Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) UT II certification with PAUT experience.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials in various working environments.
- Commonly exposed to walking on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Occasionally required to work in noisy/loud working environments, especially on a project
- Required to work overtime during the week and weekend depending on project scope and work volume.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required within Canada.
- Working conditions will vary between project locations.
- Overtime required during the week and weekend with work volume.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules and respond to requests without advance warning or temperature extremes and inclement weather notification
- Required to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions in
Selected candidates must have: Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, CSTS 2020/CSO, First Aid
Metalogic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Metalogic is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Metalogic are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Metalogic will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Metalogic encourages applicants of all ages.” As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage members of all equity-seeking groups to self-identify during the application process.